Sylwia's minis

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The star's dressing room










As the room was before boss's office, it didn't need much renovation probably. It has very decorative wallpaper on the walls and wall-to-wall carpet. They just brought new furniture inside to give our star (her name is Liliana Valesky, wow, aristocrat also) all the possible comfort. Those furniture includes delicate, ornamented vanity and stool (I haunted them down at eBay), very elegant chais lounge (this is piece which my husband made for me after seeing my poor tries on it), coffee table with glass top, small end table with drawers, mirror and rack. They mounted additional mirror on wall, strip of lights (made from strip of wood and crystal beads) and candelabras. Decorative plagues are on the walls in whole building probably.

Rest of stuff belongs mostly to Liliana, all cosmetics, statue on end table (she takes it everywhere for luck), clothes and accessories, flowers she got from funs and, of course, her small doggie Fifi and champagne and chocolates as she is expecting someone to celebrate her success at evening performance. Champagne bottle is decorative candle (for birthday cakes), and chocolate box is just made of paper printie.

In big bowl standing on decorated (just cheap cardstock box plus fabric) there are fruits I made from Polymer Clay. Cosmetics are partially made by me from beads, partially bought (I also used items made by Japan company Re-ment, not all of them are in 1/12 scale but most can be easily used). There is so much details it's difficult to count them all but You can take Your time and try to find them all.

One of the bigger achievments in this room is doll of Liliana made of porcelain kit. that was my first try of it and came out quite nicely. I dressed her a little extravagant to note her character. I wigged her and added big green hat made from canvas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home