Sylwia's minis

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Party is going on at the yard






The idea of front yard was to give them a place for party. It's modern dollhouse and it's summer house. So the theme there is haunting. There are some neccessities but for example there is no Tv. There is a young pair spending thei summer there. Picnic table is layed out but guessts are probably out for horse ride as John is going to do the same. Only Eva stayed at home, probably just resting a while.

I used for yard ready made grass and flagstone sheets. Added some stones, flowers, bushes and two small lions statues for the gate. Picnic table and stools I found on Flea Market. It was roughly made with some cut drawings and looked perfectly like someone made it itself (probably John,I guess). On the table You have lot of food and drinks. Most of food I made myself from Polymer Clay, those are my first tries of it, now I am better but still need to learn a lot. I purchased only small bowl of donuts.

I like very much grill which i made out of plastic champagne glasses. it's very easy to do. I even sold few like that at my eBay store.

The most difficult thing seemed to be finding the right size horse. There are beautiful horses in scale available. i saw them at Bishop Shaw. But they are way to far expensive (most costed more than my kit and most of accessories together). But finally I found Breyer's horses. They have series of classic horses and they are perfectly in 1/12 scale. So I just had to buy a saddle and it was ready.

John is plastic doll which I bought along with other atuff at eBay. But he was naked. So I made him clothes out of old leather gloves. And had to add scarf. He looks a little funny with it but he orginally had big whole in his neck, yack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home