Sylwia's minis

Sunday, August 27, 2006

So, let's start!


MY FIRST DOLLHOUSE!
I started my adventure with minis two years ago. I was interested since I came into NY and saw beatiful dollhouses at store window (this store doesn't exist anymore) but it took me few years to decide that i want to try. And since then I am totally hooked up. It is time consuming hobby, true, it is expensive sometimes, true, but it's also rewarding and giving so much pleasure, fascinating and educational. It gives You something to do and to think about, it gives additional sense and meaning to one's life.

So I bought my first dollhouse kit. It was Creekside Cabin by Corona. I was looking for something easy to built and it seemed quite easy. And believe me, I was so pride of myself when I finished it. I didn't even ask my husband about help. He just made for me main body of stone fireplace and helped me a little bit with lighting (actually just with those small nails used to connect two pieces of copper tape). I changed the kit a little bit. Because I wanted to make a big yard with picnic scene so I decide not to use porch. Anyway it came out quite big, as for 4-rooms dollhouse. Plus base with yard. And it was put into big plexiglass case in order to save it from my cats. Unfortunately I had to sell it when I wanted to start another projects because we lived at the time in small apt, this house was taking over our end table and there was no place for anything else. But, believe it or not, I still miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home