Sylwia's minis

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The new series begins artist's room








First, just a few words about the whole idea. This is a serie of roomboxes made in wooden wine crates, two in each. Those are teenagers' rooms, probably dorm rooms, full of all neccessary stuff like books, maskots, clothes, even food and drinks.

Some of the features are similar like fake windows. I just build them from scraps of eood painted white and put behind picture of some garden and piece of clear plastic for glass. All window treatments I also made myself (that is interesting, I am buying a lot of different things but never bought a piece of window treatment, I do them all myself, and they are quite simple). Floors are made from veneer (which is time-consuming as I needed to cut each plank separately and than glu them all into place), some additionally varnished to change color. Three of rooms have closets made from cardstock, of course opened to show their mess. They all have a lot of shelves made from balsa.

First one belongs to Cristin. She wants to be an artist so there is plenty of artistic supplies there: paints, palette, brushes, easel with picture (made it myself using very cheap scraps of balsa), sketchbooks, a lot of paintings and sketches on walls, painter's portfolio (made from cardstock and covered with paper to immitate snake skin). I also made plain table (ough, the true is that I am not very good with wood and building furniture, straight lines is something almost impossible to achieve, but I'm still trying, especially when need something not available comercially). Cactus on the window sill is made from air drying clay and fruits from Polymer Clay.

I like bed and armchair set. I found nice lady on eBay who makes furniture like that. On the bed there is big maskot. It comes from key-chain I bought at Bronx Zoo.

There is big storage shlef where You can see some dishes, food, box of Coke, suitcase I made from some project I found in magazine, there are even skates and other stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home