Sylwia's minis

Friday, September 01, 2006

A little more details in my bathroom









I made a lot of minis for this project. I didn't use working lamps here but there is a few non-working lamps: one ceramic bought online, gloc lamp at the ceiling made of jewelry finding and big marble, two sconces (the same method) and a table lamp. This one I constructed from resin barrel I painted to suit design of this room, piece of turned wood, table top made from Polymer Clay and edge painted, shade made of cardstock covered with the same toile fabric I used for window blind.
I made vanity table and stool from bits and pieces like styrofoam, cardstock and fabric and trimmings. Towels basket is made of Polymer Clay base , wires and embroidery yarn to resemble wicker. Finished with small piece of ribbon.
Bathing salt in glass jars is just white Polymer Clay abked anpastel powders.d grunded finely, than mixed with i also make candles from Clay. Actually I made so much of them that I sold some, used some in other project and still have a lot. So, in future I will probably make some candle store (perhaps just will have to make more and different colors). But candles are pretty easy to do. It's useful to have Kemper Clay Tool with different discs toi make different shapes. I used separate colors, others I mixed and marbled and puch them through different discs to get different shapes. Than cut different lenghts like : 1/4", 1/2", etc. I painted thinn black yarn with liquid clay and baked it accordingly to instructions, than cut short lenghts. I attached them into my candles using again liquid clay. Some I reshaped a little and added more clay to simulate burned down wax.
I made all towels from bits and pieces of textured fabric (actually I got from upholstery department of home decor store some old books with samples, they are great sourse of fabrics for mini projects, especially stuff like towels, rugs, carpets, pillows etc), pillows, small rugs etc.
The caddy on bath tube is made from gold Polymer Clay and filled with pieces of fabric, sponge and bead bottle. I also made bather from piece of canvas and yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home