Sylwia's minis

Friday, September 01, 2006

Bathroom-more details





So, starting with decoration of walls and floor. I used the same paints to paint ceiling and tiles used on bottom side of walls. Those are just ready made sheet painted by sponging method. For ceiling I used one of the same paints for main color, than added some details with a brush using the rest. Wallpaper in between is just a piece of wallpaper from magazine (it was real wallpaper used in XVII bathrooms) which I scanned and multiplied. Than I added some pictures. One in the middle is just glued onto cardstock, the rest are framed with some paint effects samples.
Floor was a real chalenge to do but I like the final effect. First I combined suitable colors of Polymer Clay (violet plus pearl plus gold, the other set blu plus pearl plus gold) and marbled them, than flatten to a sheet and cut squares. Than just glued them on the floor, on raised area (piece of cardstock plus some styrofoam steps), backsplach wall and a settie (alos piece of styro). Than I grouted all spaces between them to get nice look (I used special miniature grouting but You can use whatever spackling You have at hand). Than I painted it with glossy varnish. It came out nicely and elegant.
Than I made false window. It's just a blind made of some printed toile fabric (I actually couldn't find suitable one, so i scanned sample and multiplied it again) plus window sill from Polymer Clay. than I added curtain made from a piece of fabric and beads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home