Sylwia's minis

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Christmas room





I guess I like this one most. It came out very nicely. And it's lighted.
I purchased some Petite Princess furniture. I saw once beautifully apt made using those funriture so I thought I could use them in this room and I did. I used: ettagerie, console, table, fireplace and candles. I used different arm cjhairs as I needed something more suitable for Christmas.
So I planned the room carefully and build it from foam core. I made some mistakes with measurements so it needed finishing with help of my husband but mostly it was fine.

I made an additional wall to build deep window bay what let me put there a lot of Christmas decorations (I spend about month haunting for all christmas elements and end up with a lot of them). I made window treatment from delicate Japanese paper. The wall with fireplace is covered with brick paper (just a prinite) and painted with varnish. I framed pictures from magazines (painted with varnish to give them more like paintings look) with painted with antique gold picture frame.

The floor was a big achievment. I spend on it a lot of hours but it was worth it. I cut small planks from veneer and that's alone very difficult and time-consuming as veneer is soft and has tendency to break not where You want it to. Than I glued them in tree like desing on the floor. After drying I filled all cracks with wood filler and painted it with darker stain as much to change color to darker as to cover sll those filled cracks. After that I laquered and polished few times till the oment I got perfect shine. I even made pictures before decorating room completely to show it.

More is to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home